Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pike Place

Market has been kind to me this summer. (Or was it me that's been smarter? Smarter in how I set up my booth, mat my prints, etc.?) I feel blessed that I could safely say I have a viable job now. (Which is important to me as I love to be financially independent at least to some extend.)

Unfortunately in my Chinese friends' eye, this gig is not about art or talent, it's about survival, and they praised me being "brave" for making a living with this low-life job, a market vendor! One of them showed up with her husband, going through my work (while the husband standing afar looking over his nose), picked up a print, and decided to "go for the smaller size" - as a favor. Yes, as a favor to me!

I kept my smile on, thanked her for coming. Yes, at least she showed up and showed me her graciousness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment