Friday, November 4, 2011

SELF-LESS

In general I want happiness in life, but I found the path to unhappiness often is more obvious and easier to take; jealousy, suspicion, self-righteousness, etc. I'll make an effort to exam my "feelings" when I am not happy, and most of the time, it was me who need to detour.


Joy, my daughter misbehaved last night. She talked back at me and her auntie, i.e. my sister. Joy thought the comment we made at dinner was unfair, so she was arguing with me first and later my sister in the restaurant. The dinner ended up abruptly as we all felt miserable.  So, instead of hang out in the night market as we planned, I walked out of the group feeling really bad. I saw Joy left the group shortly after me heading back. I could see why she wouldn't stay... That's when I decided to walk back to the group and continue exploring the night market with my sister and her daughter without Joy.

We had fun. But the mixed of anger and humiliation and sadness about Joy's behavior bothered me all night and this morning.

I worry this 26 old daughter will suffer in her personal relationships as well as at work if her temper is so short and strong. As a single mom, I also felt I spoilt her - I didn't do my job bring her up "properly" in her manner,  And now, like my sister commented after Joy left, that it's a little "too late" to "discipline" her as a child. I will just have to let her go, make her own mistakes, and live her own life. It's difficult for me as her mother, but it is the only way that she can grown up, just like I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment