Monday, August 23, 2010

All three of Us


This is an image stuck in my head during shooting with my D300. The those northwestern giant trees seem even bigger in the reflection of sunset. Because it's so vivid, this piece didn't take me too long to finish. I call this piece "The Three of Us" - one tree is lonely, two doesn't look right, three is unbreakable. That's why.


I like the multiple layers of the tree trunks. I also like the similar-color patch arrangement around the roots – to give it depth and flow.

I added the very tiny blue lines in the center to catch eyes. Did it work?

Off to my next piece now.

2 comments:

  1. Very ominous looking trees! o_o
    A nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the center blue line works well--gives it a distant focal point. So more depth. I love this one! It is maybe ominous, as if a MAJOR storm is about to break loose....but it has some deeper undertone for me--more than just a storm......like a scene foretelling the turn of energy for the planet, not just the area of these trees....something VERY HUGE about to happen, not bad, just BIG.....yummy actually, in my heart.

    ReplyDelete